Maternity wear has evolved tremendously through the decades. Gone are the days of wearing a sack when you got pregnant. Being pregnant no longer spells doomsday for your wardrobe. Nowadays ladies can keep up with the fashion trends even when expecting.
Most women hate the thought that they will buy clothes that they will never wear again after the pregnancy. This does not always have to be the case with maternity wear. For example, you can wear beautiful dress tops which are loose fitting and will accommodate your body as it expands. The genius behind such tops is that once you shed the weight off after giving birth they can still be worn with a belt to accentuate your figure.
Tips on Choosing Maternity Wear for the First Pregnancy Trimester:
- Due to the bodily changes that you will undergo, you will feel rather warm during the pregnancy so buy maternity wear made out of cotton.
- Maxi dresses are a must have maternity wear item. They are the in thing now which works out well for pregnant women. They go well with sandals and make you look sexy at any stage during your pregnancy.
- Since most ladies do not put on too much weight during the first trimester, pants may still fit at the leg but be tight at the waist. Use a hair band to hold the pants together at the waist while making room for the added weight.
- As your breasts get bigger you are going to have to buy bigger bras. Sports bras are great because they offer a lot of support and ease the discomfort.
- Stretch pants are a must have maternity wear as they easily adjust as you get bigger.
- Maternity shops have great maternity wear for pregnant ladies. This does not mean that you should limit yourself to buying there. You can discover great finds in all sorts of places including thrift shops.
Maternity Wear to Avoid Throughout the Pregnancy
If you love wearing heels now is the time to put them at the back of the closet. Invest in flat shoes and flip flops. Your back will curve to accommodate the pregnancy and combining this with heels is not good for your spine or balance.
Dizziness can be a common occurrence during the first pregnancy trimester. Tight restrictive clothing should be replaced with loose-fitting comfortable clothes to ease blood flow.
Maternity Wear does not Mean Frumpy Wear
Inasmuch as comfort is key there is no excuse for looking like a homeless person. This is an awful habit that may extend past the pregnancy and does nothing for post partum depression. Neither does it do anything for your sex life! There is lingerie designed specifically for pregnant women so make sure this is a part of you pregnancy wardrobe.
Dressing well is a great pick me up so let your maternity wear pick you up and not bring you down.